31 July 2008

A Girl Like Me

Hello lovelies!

So, I must admit I feel I'm a little late in the game, so to speak, just starting my blog now. Lately, I've spent a great deal of time pondering whether or not I should start one at all. In the end I decided, if nothing else, this will be a great way for me to write and document my interests, as well as discovering other fabulously creative individuals like yourselves.

A little about me...

I'm a Midwestern girl, but have always been a "bright lights, big city" girl at heart. NYC is the place for me, and after attending college here for four years, I decided to stay and enter the "real world" in this beautiful mess of a city. I came here, I think, with big dreams and ideals of journalistic greatness. That hasn't happened yet, but perhaps this will give me a push in the right direction. (Don't waste your money on J-school kids).

My Style...

I suppose by comparison I'm more Lily than Agyness (though I think the girl rocks!). More Ashley than Mary-Kate. You get the point...I like to keep my style classy and simple à la Audrey (although hopefully not boring), but also relaxed and fun with a bit of an edgy or unexpected, "thrown together" quality. Always striving for that effortless chic. I like minimalist and avant-garde style as much as I enjoy designs that make me feel super girly and pretty.

This Blog...

There are a number of ideas that ran through my mind when pondering what the focus of my blog would be. Film? Food? A chronicle of life in NY? Or maybe, let's just throw them altogether and see what happens? Hahaha...right. Well, fashion won out and there is no better place (in my opinion, but I might be a tiny bit biased) than New York City...hmm, well maybe Paris too. So, who knows how this will evolve. Soon I hope to be putting up (almost) daily photos of what wear as well as my other fashion loves. Basically, I love any and all things related to fashion.

You may notice some changes to the blog as I post more. Forgive me, I'm still playing and things are quite how I want them yet. Sooo...without further ado, I leave you with this non-fashion (or sort of, maybe?) but amusing photo and my San Diego friend's reaction to Tuesdays earthquake: (Wow, this was long...)

K: i didn't know what was going on i thought someone was trying to break in hahahaha
K: but then i was like only a giant could do that

Peace, love and Chanel!

-B

No comments: