21 January 2009

Inauguration Celebration! | Obama Watch Begins

So I think we can all agree that yesterday was a pretty amazing day. Very cool to be around for such a historical moment. Unfortunately I have to catch up on his speech because EVERY live stream I tried was just not working. Since I only caught fragments, I won't comment on how moving, profound or not, the speech turned out to be.

The clothes, however, are fair game and Michelle Obama is certainly going to be under much scrutiny concerning her wardrobe choices. Seems a bit silly sometimes, what with our recessiony economic downtown, the war and all that super important business, but it is what it is.

I for one really liked her day look. The yellow Isabel Toledo dress and jacket ensemble is beautiful and looks fantastic on her, and it's definitely an unexpected choice, not your typical safe, plain jane suit. I also hear Simon Doonan, so thrilled was he with this choice, he took down he usual Barney's windows and created a display for Isabel Toledo. Can't wait to check it out!

No pic of her evening dress, but I'm sure everyone knows by now she chose a white, one-shoulder gown designed by Jason Wu. I can't say it was my favorite, but she looked nice and I respect her for choosing so many up and coming designers. Great publicity for them, and they deserve the recognition, Wu himself was a CFDA nom.

And just to note, Sasha and Malia looked adorable as usual.

Yay for our new Pres. and First Family!

-B

No comments: