04 November 2008

Rock the Vote!

That's right kids, today is the all important ELECTION DAY - DECISION 2008! Come on America, don't f*** this up, GO VOTE NOW (if you haven't already of course). And if you have voted, then you will forever be in my good graces.

So, on this special day, I share a few fashion items with you so that you can express your enthusiasm for the Democratic process:

Photos [Dress, Karen Zambos Vintage Couture @ Shopbop, Ring @ Google, T-shirt @ Revolve Clothing]

I note that the Karen Zambos dress is also reversible, black on the other side, so it's still wearable even after the votes have been counted, and the shirt is just one of many available on Revolve and I'm sure other sites, most of which are on sale now.

And I'm sure everyone has heard about all sorts of freebie offerings today from Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Ben & Jerry's...and in NYC, even Babeland is giving out a lil' somethin' somethin' for getting your vote on. So, of course, retailers don't want to be left out of the freebie fun.

Photo [Bluefly]

Bluefly is offering a 10% discount off of EVERYTHING, today ONLY.

Anyway, I won't tell you who to vote for, the point, and most important thing, is that you just get out and vote, because this is what makes our country so amazing. I for one was thrilled to cast my vote this morning (and I only had to wait in line 20 minutes!). Sadly, they did not give out the usual " I Voted Today" sticker, which I was kind of looking forward to because this is the first election I've actually gone to the polls for (when in school I voted absentee). Still, I feel really good about it. Needless to say I'm sure I'll be for a while tonight watching as votes are counted, results are tracked and winning predictions are made. Oh what a momentous occasion.

For a quick recap, check this out:


Happy Voting!

-B

No comments: