03 October 2008

Fashion Week Top Five: Nobody Does It Better...

That's Karl I speak of, not Carly (bonus points if you get that). Oh ok, I suppose I can't leave out John, Stella and some of my other favs. Ah yes, Paris brings out the best. Sorry posting has been so terrible, I THOUGHT I would have internet last night as it was supposed to be set up, sadly it STILL would not work. Boo. Anyway, my top five picks from some of the latest Paris runways:

Photos [Style.com]

Oh Karl, what can I say? Everything you do turns to sold? (Also, bonus points if you get that...haha, oh movies on tv). I'm loving the cleanness of the black and white, it's so you Mr. Lagerfeld and très chic. The high waisted pants and skirts are fabulous. Belts, bold and beautiful! With just a hint of print and a splash of color. Well done!

Photos [Style.com]

Loved Stella! So many beautiful choices. The simple, pale color palette felt so light. The oversized blazer/jackets are fantastic, such beautiful lines and cuts on everything. The sheerness of some of the these pieces is perfection and those sequins are so pretty and glittery I think I need garments made just of them draped all over me. And of course, can't go wrong with a LBD and this one is just lovely.

Photos [Style.com]

I'm not sure this will be considered a particular favorite Dior collection of mine, considering Galliano's past collections. However, I like the cinched waists and the sheer panels, which is very in-keeping with a seemingly new favorite trend for Spring '09. Lots of pretty little dresses and skirts and some fab jackets.

Photos [Style.com]

Oh so classy. Stefano Pilato's Spring '09 collection for Yves Saint Laurent seemed to me to be a tribute to Yves and very much aligned with the YSL look. I loved the addition of the sequined dresses at the end which added a touch of color and brilliance. Again, bits of sheer throughout the show in blouses are on trend. And again, keeping a cinched waist with belts and a high-waisted cut. What exactly are those shoes made out of? Very curious...

That's all kids! Have a fantastic weekend and hopefully I'll be able to fix l'internet when I get home ce soir.

-B

No comments: