05 August 2008

Pretty Little Things

Hey there!

Hope you're all having a lovely afternoon.

And now moving on. A few weekends ago I stopped into J.Crew. I know some of you probably find it to be rather uninteresting or too preppy, but I think it's great for basics and work-appropriate attire, plus they also just have some pretty cute things. It's all about how you put things together.

So while I was in the store I ventured over to their accessories, and quite liked some of their new hair pieces, particularly the below headband.

Photo: Headband [The Moment], Photo: Blair [Google]

Seeing this headband in the store reminded me immediately of something that GG's Blair Waldorf would wear. Okay, so she can probably get away with a more exaggerated version, but I love how simple and wearable this J.Crew piece seems. I had to try it on, and actually thought it looked quite nice, which is saying a lot for me. I've never felt headbands, hats or any other head pieces looked right on me. I don't know...maybe my head is shaped strangely? I couldn't make a decision about it right away, so instead I bought the below:


Photo [J.Crew]

For now, I felt this was the more practical option. My hair is very long, and I do wear it down often, but I always wear a hairband around my wrist just in case I feel like pulling it up. The above hairband is great for me. The pretty, shininess of the flower gives a basic hairband a little extra decoration but is still classy and it's nice to have something prettified to wear on my wrist now.

Anyway, I've been pondering this headband and then I came across this piece from The Moment. So, that made me love it even more, and I think it's simplicity lends itself to being mistaken for a higher end label.

Anyway, I thought this was a great find. I didn't see this style on their website, but they did have the above in the store, plus I believe two other color options.

What do you think? Would this make me look a bit too young?

Yours,
-B


No comments: