15 August 2008

Snapshot

As I'm sure most are aware by now, Teen Vogue is having a contest for readers to submit a snapshot of themselves showing off their personal style in their most fashion forward outfits. I started browsing through some of the entries, of which there are a lot, and have picked out some of my favorites below:

I love this girl's style. Every element of this outfit works for me and is something I would put together myself. Plus, how cute that the blazer is her little brothers?

I believe this is the same girl. Again, very cute, fun vintage style. Simple and it works. I like the added color from the cardigan, and the fact that she's wear a Hanes T-shirt, which I do A LOT is just awesome.

The girl on the left definitely gets props for being adventurous, edgy and completely unlike most of the others. I have to give the girl credit for really being unique and brave (because I couldn't pull this off) and experimenting by incorporating Lolita-esque style into her personal style, and hey, that's what the contest is about, right? Her outfit reminds me so much of the embellished coat Comme des Garçons has designed for the H&M collaboration.


She described her look as "rocker chic" and I'm loving it. The gray booties are great and she looks cool. I'd love to see a twist on this look by adding some more feminine touches to contrast with the rock edge. Maybe some flowy ruffles on top or a Blair Waldorf-esque headband?

She describes this as sort of Paris meets East Coast. I love the simplicity of it. The long cardigan is from Zahdig & Voltaire, a Parisian label and the shoes are Repetto. Love it!

To check out other looks head over to Teen Vogue's gallery. If you want to enter, better hurry because voting ends September 12th.

Yay for Friday!

-B


No comments: