07 August 2008

Trend: Single Shoulder Silhouette

Lately I've been really drawn to more asymmetric styled dresses, particularly the single strap dress. On my last shopping trip to Barneys I noticed several of this style that I absolutely loved.


Photos L to R: Theory [Barneys], Madison Marcus [Shopbop], Lanvin [LuisViaRoma], T-Bags [Shopbop]

I saw the above Theory dress when I was in Barneys and I love its simplicity. The white is simple but classy and I think the single shoulder asymmetry keeps it interesting without being too boring. Of course, how I could anyone not love that little Lanving number. So beautiful. Sigh...

It seems some starlets are also taking notice of the trend as some of them showed it off at this year's Teen Choice Awards.

Pictured: Rachel Bilson, Blake Lively [I Am Fashion]

Both Rachel Bilson and Blake Lively showed off the look in bright, fun colors and Blake with the addition of a belt for a defined waist. Both simple yet stylish.

Pictured: Natalie Portman

The always classy and fashionable Natalie Portman also showed off this trend back in May at the Cannes Film Festival in a stunning Givenchy dress. This also combines my other fav trend of the moment: ruffles!

I remember the single shoulder being popular for a time when I was in high school, and like all trends, has come and gone throughout the years. I'm happy to see that it seems to be making a strong comeback now because it seems sort of refreshing. Love it!

What do you think? Do you like this look?

Later beautiful!

-B

No comments: