01 August 2008

What Are You Looking At?

VOGUE!

My current computer background:

Photos [BryanBoy]

Vogue Paris pretty much rocks. I just love Carine Roitfeld. She’s so unafraid of her opinions and ideas and of expressing them creatively. It's quite bold to diss PETA in a photo spread and I love that Carine doesn't play it safe. Personally, I’m not a big fan of fur, never really have been. Done right it can look really fabulous, I just don’t think it’s for me. But Raquel Zimmerman can certainly pull it off.

The August '08 issue of Vogue Paris (from which these photos were taken) has several other really amazing spreads that I’m loving, as does the August '08 issue of Vogue Italia. Following the controversial, but well received all black issue, they bring us this beautifully intense photo spread shot by Steven Meisel in remembrance of the late Yves Saint Laurent.

Photos [The Arab Aquarius]

I hate to say it, but American Vogue is really lacking and terribly boring. Seriously, nothing new or groundbreaking is ever done. Don’t get me wrong, I respect American Vogue for what it is, and Anna, for what she does, but I’d love to see La Wintour change things up a bit à la Carine. I mean, can you imagine seeing Raquel’s fur spread in American Vogue? I wish. Take some chances! Fashion is all about having fun, experimentation and self-expression.

What do you think? Could American Vogue use a makeover?

Happy Friday!

-B

No comments: